I tweaked it a little:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, juiced and collect zest!
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 pear - peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, boil water and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to simmer, and stir in cranberries, pureed/juiced orange, orange zest, apple, pear, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring gently occasionally (in a folding over motion), and you'll hear the cranberries POP! Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
Serve on vanilla ice cream, turkey, or what have you. It's amazing.