1 tbs Honey/Sugar
1 tbs Lemon juice
- Peel using potato peeler or spoon
- chopped up and maybe even a bit mashed, then transfer into pot of water
- boiled for a couple of hours, sift/filter out the ginger, and the tea put into the fridge
Step 2 - Add several ice cubes to fill the glass up. The intention was for the drink to be strong so if you want it toned down, you can add more lemon juice and water. I love a really strong bite.
- Lemon slices and/or mint leaves
- You can also add a few drops of vanilla. (Highly recommended)
If you want to go a little further....
You can make plain ginger tea, ginger and honey tea marmalade in jar for yourself and/or as a great gift during winter or for someone who is sick with a cold/flu. (I'm totally doing this starting in fall)
Ginger tea hot or cold video by Maangchi